To search Travis County court case files:
District Clerk’s Office
Civil & Family and Criminal (felony) case files
- Attorneys may access district court case files using AARO (Attorney Access to Records Online)
- The public may access the Register of Actions for a district court case by providing the cause number or the name of a party involved in the case
- Non-attorneys may contact the civil & family records division by calling 512-854-9457 and the criminal records division by calling 512-854-9420
- District Clerk documents and records request form
County Clerk’s Office
You can search the County Clerk’s civil records, probate records, and criminal (misdemeanor) records online.
Justice of the Peace Courts
Criminal and civil records can be searched on the JP records portal. Use the word public as the login and the word public as the password.
Federal Court Records
- You can use PACER to search federal court case files. You will need to create an account.
- Some federal courthouses have public access terminals in the clerk’s office.
- The Law Library does not have a PACER account.